Mushrooms are Mr L&B’s favourite thing to eat and he wants them in everything! I was never really a fan but over the years after having to cook them I’ve come to enjoy them, so much so that I can stand to eat a whole dish with mushrooms as the star of the show.
Garlic is a favourite ingredient of mine and so garlic mushrooms is an easy dish for me to enjoy and they are so quick and simple to make. With this most of the recipe is down to your taste, we like to be stinky and add a lot of garlic but you can easily tone it down to suite your taste. The ingredients below are what I use for two people as a starter.
- 250g sliced mushrooms – I like to have a mix so will use closed cup and chestnut
- 4 cloves garlic finely shopped
- handful fresh parsley
- knob of butter
- toasted sourdough bread to serve
- grated parmesan to serve
- Start by heating the butter in a pan and frying the garlic for about 30 seconds – watch it doesn’t burn.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through, mix the mushrooms into the garlic and butter so they are evenly coated. For the last minute mix in half the parsley and season to taste, you won’t need to much salt if you are using parmesan as this will help with seasoning.
- To serve simply serve on the toast and sprinkle over the remaining parsley and some parmesan.
There you have it, simple and quick garlic mushrooms on toast, perfect for a starter or quick supper.